If digital marketing is all about two-way communication with your customers, you’re going to want to evaluate whether that conversation is happening on a 4G network or two tin cans tied by a length of string. We’re talking, of course, about measuring whether your digital marketing is actually working or not. Are your customers engaged and loyal? Are they talking to you and about you? How is the relationship going - and is it ultimately resulting in more sales for your business, your event, or your service?
First, congratulations to you that you even care. So many companies only invest in
You know that thing you bought online mostly because your ridiculously charismatic friend was constantly tweeting about it? And then the company you bought it from sent you an email asking for feedback, and when you replied saying “Yes it’s awesome, it’s going to change my love life forever!” you got a whole bunch of suggestions of related products that would have similar far-reaching effects on your mojo? And when you clicked on one of these items, you discovered that a discount was being offered right at that moment, just because you’re…well…you? Betcha felt special!
Bubble burst in...3...2...1.....It's digital marketing. Yup, all of it.
If I just reduced your warm and fuzzy shopping experience into a calculated chain of events that some marketing person developed to separate you from your money, I’m sorry.
There’s an old writing rule that great authors still follow today: “Show, don’t tell.”
In other words, don’t tell your audience that what you’re writing about is funny, scary, or serious. Show them how funny, scary, or serious it really is.
The same applies to your online social media content, where you show your customers your value instead of just telling them that you offer value. My clients have heard me talk about the 80/20 rule: 80% of your content should be informational, focusing on business trends, new innovations, and other interesting topics. The remaining 20% can highlight your business products and services.
See what I mean? The bulk of your online presence focuses on showing, not telling.
Connect With Us On Social!